In 2014, my husband and I bought a 1930s property that needs complete refurbishment. The project has given me the impetus to set up this blog as a way of sharing our journey. More importantly, I wanted to share all the design discoveries we will make along the way.
I have always had a passionate interest in design and home decoration. Growing up, I would regularly change my bedroom, moving furniture around on my own to create a new look. Much to my regret I was never able to pursue a career in design. No matter, this is my opportunity.
As an experienced marketeer and journalist, my aim is to share stories from across the design world that will inspire and educate. These are the areas of the website:
- Curation – these are my discoveries from shops, videos, blogs and books
- Destination – places that get the creative juices flowing
- Inspiration – a cornucopia of images and events that might spark an idea
- Invention – a show-case of creative start-up businesses
- Journal – a diary of our journey as amateur property renovators
I am a ‘tender foot’ designer – learning as I go – and this is for tender foot designers everywhere.
Our feature image is Seafern Wallpaper by Cole and Son.